Canadian Food Inspection Agency destroys another farm

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by Pakanohida, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

2. Terra

Terra Moderator

Whats behind this Pak
    Rob

3. Unmutual

Unmutual Junior Member

Here is the list of charges. Unfortunately, I'm clueless as to the circumstances. I'm not sure why they'd remove quarantined sheep in the first place, and that is the bit I'd like to be enlightened on. Granted, the sheep were found to be healthy afterwards, but breaking quarantine is not a smart thing to do under any circumstances. But like I said, I need more information.

4. Terra

Terra Moderator

I think shes in pretty hot water sounds like they tried to hide a few , sad when we lose genetics , recently in Australia a large shipment of pure bred poultry were all destroyed during the quarantine process . Ive lived on a farm for all my life , cant mess around with quarantine its very important . A farmer bought a second hand harvester in my area 15 yrs ago and brought lupin anthracnose into the district , stuffed up lupins as a cash crop for a few years , be impossible to put a value on situations like that.

5. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Montana Jones volunteered to quarantine the sheep (sheep she owned & bred on her own property for more than a dozen years) in a bid to prevent them being destroyed by the CFIA. Her offer was declined & the sheep were slaughtered ... & ZERO evidence of scrappie was found. This woman in now facing bankruptcy & we are all sheep to the slaughter if we don't take a stand against this kind of insanity.

https://shropshiresheep.org/news-on-cfia-slaughter/

This is not an isolated case. Private citizens who don't toe the line in the US are being decimated ... people who have heritage breed sheep, or produce raw milk, or raise heritage breed pigs. Oh wait - that would be people just like me! Run Helen run.

6. Terra

Terra Moderator

Govt agencies operate like that , they have budgets that must be spent by due dates , the job would have been pencilled in for that date and nothing short of a cyclone or tsunami would have changed the plan , we see it all the time , here they schedule a burn off and oh bad luck on the day its blowing a stinking hot howling northerly light her up anyway and yes it gets away burns every bodies place oh dear sorry next please .

7. Unmutual

Unmutual Junior Member

And while I was digging around on that website I find this. Lol...what?

8. fairyanna

fairyanna New Member

Anyone know what 5 - 7 tons of firewood would be in cubic metres? Ballpark, given we don't know what wood he was using.

9. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Sorry,Fairyanna, but so many factors enter into that question that it is impossible to answer.
    The questions that need to be answered are 1) What kind of wood? Hickory is several times heavier than Paulonia or Balsa. 2) What is the moisture content? That is, what stage of "seasoning" is the wood in? Green wood can be several times heavier than "seasoned" wood.
    Hope you are enjoying your visit here. You need to find out if the wood is green (fresh cut from just-felled, live trees) or seasoned (air-dried for at least 6 months) and what type of hardwood is being sold. You only want conifer wood for kindling. Due to the large amount of resin, it will clog up your flue if used extensively. It can also be sticky to handle.
    If you REALLY need to get an answer for different types you can google "Wood" and I'm sure you can find the weights of different woods, green and seasoned.

Love is the answer,

Uncle Ben