Has government been rendered impotent?

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Rick Larson, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Rick Larson

Rick Larson Junior Member

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Would someone in Indonesia please do Tony Abbot in (put him on a boat and leave him at sea would be my preferred option) before he has a chance to say he has a mandate to sign this?

3. Unmutual

Unmutual Junior Member

2 things.

First, I generally ignore government since it is, for the most part, ineffectual at any real solution. So on a personal scale, yes gov't is impotent.

Second, for those that don't know walmart yet, here's how they work: Move in to a town, lower prices to put mom and pop along with other retail stores out of business(ie: monopolize the area), and then start raising prices again to recoop losses. Walmart used to be a great brand, but then old man Walton died and the kids screwed it all up via their greed. They also treat their employees very badly(like locking them in the store overnight without pay badly...and that's in the US, I'd hate to think what they do in other countries). Germany successfully ran Walmart out of their country, but Germany is an exception to many rules of western civilization(they do try to behave and protect their people, even though there is corruption).

4. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

Reminds me of a once great Australian cooperative, totally corrupted post the death of its founder:

Fletcher Jones

5. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

Old man Walton got his idea for Walmart from Coles Variety Stores when he ran Waltons in Australia.
    Here coles got rid of the variety in the US he added it and it became Walmart.
    You can screw people on wages a little easier in the US than you can in Australia,but thats what Mcdonalds and the L/NP are constantly working on changing here.

6. matto

matto Junior Member

Seems the secrecy amid these talks is to ensure the people's best interests, right? So why does Wal-mart and the other couple of hundred corporations have access to the documents, and I don't?

Correct me if im wrong, but to sell out our sovereignty is treason?

7. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

The death throes of a dying empire trying to hold onto power and shore up its allies, before a growing China and the mathematical reality of exponential growth on a finite planet swings the death·blow

8. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Sure is.

Want to get me started on a tirade about Monsanto, Wal-Mart, Syngenta and others? I really don't want to be that aggressive this morning.