Land Wanted - 1-10 Acres - Victoria - $25,000-$60,000

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by pavelbentham, Oct 13, 2013.

1. pavelbentham

pavelbentham Junior Member

Howdy All.
    As some of you already know, I am in the market for land. Land on which to establish the permaculture dream. What a good place this is to put a call out. So here goes: what I am after, is:

1-10 acres. Give or take.
    Western region of Victoria, preferably. I am open to elsewhere in Victoria, as well as NSW and Tassy, too.
    Rural setting with privacy. It doesn’t need to be way out of town, but I don’t want to be able to hear my next door neighbour watching TV.
    Decent soil. I doesn’t have to be earthworm paradise - part of the fun is building soil - but it shouldn’t be a sand dune.
    Northerly aspect, preferable.
    Services are not required but Telstra nearby could be handy (especially if the ‘NBN Interim Satellite’ subsidy is scrapped).
    Within 10-20km of a town of some description. As a minimum the town should have a post office and public transport links. Preferably it will also have a general store and pub.
    Vendor finance. This is where I pay you a cash deposit of about 20% and repay the rest over a 3-8 year period, at an above-market interest rate. It’s all above board and legal, of course - the contract would be scrutinized by each party’s solicitor.
    Budget: $20,000-$60,000.

Anybody know of such a block - that isn’t on RE.com.au or Domain or Gumtree; I check for new listings on these sites a couple of times a day? Anybody know a farmer that is keen to subdivide - and has a lenient council? Anybody?

Cheers,

Pavel.

2. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

One of the difficulties is with farming land the councils usually are keen to preserve it in on large titles. Where we are in the 15 - 20km radius from town the minimum is 100 acre blocks. From roughly the 20km + area council would be loathe to let anything go under 400 acres. In closer to town, say up to 10kms the *lifestyle* blocks are from 1 acre to around 10 acres and cost a fortune - usually because they are so sought after, especially around 5 acres in area. I guess the trick is to find a block or smallholding that has been around forever but not built on. They do exist in very small country towns and are cheaper than the larger rural towns - they just don't come up in large numbers. But you probably have that figured out already! Something will turn up - must be fun looking! :)

3. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Pav

I often use eldersrealestate.com on behalf of clients.

I just completed a search using your parameters and found a couple of properties on Elders that do not appear to be cross-listed on realestate.com.

As always, good luck with the search and enjoy the journey, Markos.

4. JaninaG

JaninaG Junior Member

HI, yep that is the difficulty anything under 100 acres cant be subdivided in our council. might be same for all Victoria. I am East of Melbourne, and Moved from 1.5 acres to 3/4 as I couldnt subdivide up there yet I have a chance here, and even though in small town, i can lease for life, or pay exhorbitant surveyeing costs to sell half of it. Life is full of mountains and valleys full of great new discoveries :)

5. Purslane

Purslane New Member

Hi Pavel, are you still looking? Guessing this thread is from 2013?