Protecting business before environment?

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Grahame, Sep 24, 2013.

1. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

i agree i know of those things, the stolen generation was out of my families knowledge or control, nor were we on captain cook's ship when he discovered australia, and yes a despot controlling those that did not suit him(what future for people like me), we are not with any church they are corrupt, and what they have done people will wholesaley forgive them(forget the victims a fist full of dollars will suffice), the holocaust was against all who he did not like even his own germans, those who were mental or physical invalids, homosexuality was one of his favorites as was prostitution. so get it right hey russions, germans, jews, belgium's, poles and on and on copped it. do you wish that to happen all over again? history does repeat, and still you won't tell us your fix, i told mine knowing it would go down like a lead balloon, to bigotry.

mark backed out of discussing how we could get a societal change(too ahrd basket hey) there is a fix but it can only be people driven, you can't ahve a good society whilst crime is rife, they build better and better jails for more and more criminals, and they can't even house families(civil libertarians where for art thow?)

so cut the garbage hey lets get to the chase, or tell me how you propose the cut the population of 7 billion that is here and now down to 1 billion or 600k million. the people are here now what? you can keep pointing fingers and supporting stone throwers or we can get active, in 100 years we have gone from family units to functionality, the latest junta is not working.

oh! before i get teh chop are you going to go public and ask the forum why i should go or will it be backroom cloak and dagger stuff, "because you can" that's our society hey because they can.

i mean how bad am i? my sin being a caring humanitarian.

len.

2. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

3. gardenlen

no mention of bringing people together in safety and harmony there, mark.

len

4. ecodharmamark

I take it then, Len, that you have not read the entire discussion, or the book that prompted and continues to encourage it?

5. gardenlen

mark be fair now if we are going to encourage change we can't do it through click through's or books with someone theory written in, it is getting late i'd say, we need to move on from 1770, from settlement by convicts from all issues as none of us alive today had any influence over those gov' decisions, my ancestors were immigrants mostly not literate, they bought a block of a grid map, they ahd to chop down teh bush to earn money to pay the gov' back.

so here in 2013 we really need to move on, don't let history repeat.

len

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

Lol
    true
    I do see it and the weed is astro turf

Just get frustrated at seeing every last post on every subject end in misinformation that stays forever on the internet unchallenged when people do searches in the future.
    I try and smother the astro turf with a little choko

7. ecodharmamark

I'm sorry, Len, I thought you called for a discussion to create societal change. Yet when you are invited to partake in the same, you go all tangential on us. Exactly what is it you want, Len?

Furthermore, isn't that what you are asking the entire human population to do: 'encourage change through books with someone's theory written in it'? Namely, the 400-year old KJV of the Bible?

Finally, if you have not bothered to read it (the thread previously linked to), why even comment in response to it?

8. gardenlen

to kimbo thanks hey, much appreciated around here to here someone stand for one and all.

sadly grasshopper has little to say and says little could be an over pocket moneyed junior up around one of the latest yuppyvilles on the discovery coast.

we are all part of the solution not one section has all if any answers.

len

9. ecodharmamark

Please do not resort to ad hominem. It is the second lowest form of discourse, and does nothing to further the permaculture cause.

10. Grasshopper

lol Len
    Ill turn the other cheek to that

11. gardenlen

what is one supposed to say about GH always with the one liners saying nothing.

anyhow

len

12. Grasshopper

Sorry Len would you prefer I went on a long winded mindless diatribe ?

I think we already have your opinion on this thread as the second post do you have anymore to add?

You support the continuation of your unsustainable lifestyle over the environment and humanity.

Apologies if I misinterpreted your answer.

13. gardenlen

all i can say GH and i hope it is comprehensible, you are judging me by your own merits, nothing in your post alludes to our efforts.

len

14. Xio

Xio Junior Member

Rape & pillage is not just in the dna of the conservatives. The other lot have been doing a pretty good job too. I read that they have been screwing the thoroughbred industry in Qld too.

Now the other lot are looking for a new leader! Bill or Alby. Well if that's a choice good help Australia.

I wonder how the world will look without business & industry? No pollution but the masses unable to look after themselves eg feeding themselves!

Me I couldn't care less but I do wonder how it's going to work. Maybe the Zombies will take over after all.

15. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Are you sure they haven't already?

16. gardenlen

depends on who you view as zombies grahame?

yes xio, when oil stops, when coal stops, when transport stops, when jobs stop? what then the pro scientist climate changer oil depletion set seems no to consider, how their food is going to get delivered even in store let alone having money to buy it, and be walking distance and employ security gurads to protect you. how about their plastic ipods/ipads/mobiles where does the plastic come from?

so graham what do teh no tree clean air supporters say will happen.

i say drop all CO2 myth and plant the forests, if that interferes with windmills and solar so what make them compatible with forests.

so about these zombies you mention grahame, do you have the speech freedom to point to them? i glimpse them on the cat walks of life. no signs from you of being conciliatory.

len

17. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Sorry Len, I don't know who the no-tree, clean-air supporters are. So I can't comment on their views of the future.

I agree, we really do need to plant more forests (and stop cutting down existing ones). Although I thought you were more about growing cheaper food for the masses. How do you propose to do both? I don't think trees interfering with solar and wind projects is a problem, have you heard there is?

I'm not sure what you mean about the zombies and speech freedom Len.

18. Grasshopper

This economy is built on a foundation of shifting sands
    Business As Usual is a false god.

Jobs and money to pay for food will be the least of our worries.
    What food if there's no cheap oil ?
    What job if there's no cheap oil?
    What money/economy if there's no growth because of no cheap oil?
    What ecosystem if we burn all the coal and oil and tar sands because we still need oil?
    What pension,dental care and caring for stray dogs ?

The only thing that can stop it is rapid change or miracles.

Start praying because the Zombies arent into change just into worshipping idols they can purchase at the shops.

19. gardenlen

teh science's grahame, come now you know it.

you may agree with me but running with teh fox and hunting with the hounds can end up with a nasty groin damage from barbed wire.

there you go again someone mentions zombies and i am expected to explain the myth, like i can't explain the myth of freedom of speech especially here hey? you mentioned zombies then explain it please. so ther here understand where you are pointing that finger.

len

20. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Sorry Len, I don't know of any scientist or science that suggests less trees is a good idea. I don't know where you got that from.

I don't understand your fox/hound/barbed wire groin reference.

I was referring to the politicians being zombies. But like grasshopper suggests, there are a lot of common zombies out there too.

Ah! you were referring to Freedom of Speech. I was referring to the whole sentence you wrote about zombies. I didn't understand it, still don't. If you care to clarify it I will respond, if not, that is OK too.