the weather has become climate change

Discussion in 'General chat' started by kimbo.parker, May 19, 2013.

1. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

we used to talk about the weather a lot.
    and the talk has changed of late.

the language is changing - it's all climate change commentary, it seems.
    and
    by clacky why not?, it is two weeks before winter and it is balmy here - moist, but balmy.

the fig trees that should be shutting down but shut down over summer due to the "record hot dry" are trying to set fruit and leaves!
    ditto some apples.
    in the wild, the dominant tree Eucalyptus wandoo did not bother to flower over summer when it should have.
    who knows what the environmental ramifications of this single massive non event in the context of the region will be?

it is one climate change event after another.
    it transcends talk about the weather -
    the weather as i recall it was not a succession of uncomfortable records.

never mind the bloomin pliocene co2 levels -
    truly exciting stuff,

permaculture homesteaders may in the future be able to chose from a range of macro fauna for their small holdings.

I would be a diplodocus fancier, i'd have one show quality breeding trio and sell the rest.

2. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

climate change and weather are 2 entities if i can put it that way, climate change is unsupported by actual fact, weather is what we see daily, if the weather gets extreme so weather event records had to be set someway? if they are extreme well maybe look to the decimation of our habitat.

in the past couple years we have had it all rain, storms and fire, but keep in mind for us up here we had gone through a 10 to 15 year drought, so any rain was over welcome, and now we have greedy graziers claiming drought assistance (so soon) because they over stocked. bet those out west were glad of flooding rain after a decade or more, the murray darling basin cannot get water unless we have flooding rains in our south west.

so what do people want all that water and no inconvenience?

looks like a colder longer winter for us this year, yep that's life! bet the snow field operators would like as much early snow as they can get, it all counts as money through the cash register.

len

len

3. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

How much meat do you think there is on a diplodocus? You'd need a large party of your meat eating friends to help you out on killing day if you didn't have a big freezer!

4. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

We went over the "400" CO2 warning. We are now passed the tipping point, and it is like no one cares. Cognitive dissidence is a bitch to deal with.

5. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

6. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

7. Yukkuri_Kame

Yukkuri_Kame Junior Member

I imagine the diplodocus version of a chicken tractor rambling through once respectable golf courses and suburban neighborhoods, leaving a trail of turds behind large enough to plant a guild on a single mound.

After the barbecue, dont forget to tan the hide, beach the bones and you've got yourself a yurt right there.

I know a mongolian shaman who performs a sweatlodge ceremony in a blanketed willow structure designed after the ribcage of the extinct cave bear. According to oral tradition, the ceremony is was historically performed inside such a skeleton, topped with the skin of an albino cave bear.

Cave bear must have been hell-on-four-legs for early humans. Do we have climate change to thank for their riddance?

8. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

g'day Y-K,

they do claim and ice age got rid of the dynosuars? that is a major climate change event, the human's lived through it but hey?

len

9. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

No Len, Humans weren't around at the same time as the Dino's.

My understanding is that the Ice-age was a long drawn-out thing, slow to come slow to move on. Species had more time to adapt to the changes

This current set of climate changes are very rapid and unprecedented through history and pre-history. The speed of change is more likely to cause catastrophic extinction events, giving species much less opportunity to adapt.

It is a classic 'deniers' line of reasoning to say that 'the Earth's climate is always changing and has always changed'. This is overly simplistic and ignorant. What we are current experiencing (this is not a theory anymore) is a different kind of climate change.

10. juhill

juhill Junior Member

I had this sent to me over at Facebook... kind of right in a way

Attached Files:

11. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Funnily enough one of the biggest arguments against Climate Change has been that man can not have any effect on weather or climate. Its a natural cycle and we have to learn to adapt...

Yet Solid Co2 (Dry Ice) is regularly used in cloud seeding operations to increase rainfall in certain areas. Therefore man is having a direct impact on the local climate... If it can happen in the micro climate with solid Co2, then there is a direct likelihood that climate can be effected long term by a gaseous form of the same substance.

12. Yukkuri_Kame

Yukkuri_Kame Junior Member

Easy to confirm with your own senses that humans can and do change climate. Visit any city in the world and you will find a massive heat island that is a few degrees warmer than surrounding countryside, flowers 2 or 3 weeks ahead of schedule, etc. Or walk across an asphalt road in summer. There are dozens of examples human induced climate change on the local or regional level. No brainer.

The only possible response from a GW skeptic (I'll avoid the term denier, as it is an inflammatory label) is that human induced changes are less important than the supposed natural cycles at a global level.

Except the often-touted sunspot cycle is currently in a cooling period, yet we are still warming. So, if it isn't the sunspots causing the warming...what else could it be?

I must add I am quite skeptical of the globalist 'solutions' to climate change. But just because there are a bunch of psychopathic bankers and politicians out there wanting to use this crisis for personal gain does not contradict the facts of climate change.