wwoofing near the daintree short or long term

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Liz Showniruk, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Liz Showniruk

Liz Showniruk New Member

Climate:
    Wet Tropical
    Hi there - I have 25 acres of rainforest/farm/gardens planted using PC philosophy. My property directly joins onto the Daintree National Park and has lovely waterholes and waterfalls plus walking tracks. Lots of wildlife. We grow our own fruit and veg and keep lots of poultry. I am looking for people who might be interested in staying with me and helping out on the property in return for board and accommodation. Basically, You would have your own room, amazing home cooked meals, a rather rowdy family to hang out with. we don't have mobile phone reception but there is some internet access (slow). You would have no expenses while staying here. In return we ask for 4 hours a day of work. Generally this would be feeding the ducks/chickens/peacocks etc. Working in the vegetable garden (weeding,planting,pruning etc), general farm and garden maintenance. If you have a particular permaculture interest then this would be a great place for you to learn about tropical permaculture. Also really happy to embrace any of your own ideas. I have learnt a lot from people who have volunteered here over the years and loads of volunteers had left their mark. If you would like to see some more then there is some info on my website about what I am doing.

https://lizshowniruk.wix.com/waterfall-retreat

Cheers from Liz