"What Plants Talk About"

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by Earth's Internet, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Earth's Internet

Earth's Internet Junior Member

Last year, Canada had a documentary I wanted to see, but could only watch the 2 minute trailers. Clicking on the full video link gave me a message of "This content is not available in your area" , so when I got to the USA this Spring, I tried again and the Canadian link still refused viewing. This documentary was called "Smarty Plants", but recently in April, Nature through PBS showed a similar [I preseume American Version of the same film], called "What Plants Talk About".

This program integrates hard-core science with a light-hearted look at how plants behave, revealing a world where plants are as busy, responsive and complex as we are. From the stunning heights of the Great Basin Desert to the lush coastal rainforests of west coast Canada, scientist J.C. Cahill takes us on a journey into the "secret world of plants," revealing an astonishing landscape where plants eavesdrop on each other, talk to their allies, call in insect mercenaries and nurture their young. It is a world of pulsing activity, where plants communicate, co-operate and sometimes, wage all-out war.

ENJOY and be warned, it's almost an hour in length, but worth it.
    :clap:

[video=youtube;G8hInOEfmgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8hInOEfmgQ[/video]