Profit from permaculture

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by SueinWA, Apr 6, 2008.

1. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    Re: Profit from permaculture

I too would like to help Browny - I can see a great outcome if we approach this well. You have a marvellous passion that needs encouragement.

2. Brown grnthumb

Brown grnthumb Junior Member

dp

3. Brown grnthumb

I call that contradictory.

I'm actually interested in having this conversation with you Browny. So perhaps we could set the issues out in a way that allows us to have a thoughtful go at it. Lets leave emotion out of it for the moment and see if we can come up with some solutions, some ways to move forward. Perhaps we can work out some ways that you can help the people you are interested in helping?

The offer is there if you are interested

Grahame[/quote:23ho4q7g]
    There is no contradiction in that; maybe where Yusef is from in general they are those who have land, and farming skills, and centuries of cultural practices of self-sustainabilty. But in the U.S. for example the system has striped all self-reliance and basically makes entire communities live off food stamps & welfare. The basics need to get the rock rolling and sooner or later the people will teach and learn from themselves.

Also I do not remeber reading that piece in Holmgrem's Book; if so I'd probably be not need my input on this or even go against what he said depending on what his view was.

4. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

The Alchemist by Anonymous

Be aware of your thoughts, they become words.
    Be aware of your words, they become actions.
    Be aware of your actions, they become habits.
    Be aware of your habits, they are your destiny.
    Be the creator of your own destiny.

I believe assumptions and generalisations can also be very limiting.

So, what are the steps forward from here brown? Have you asked around to see if people in the community are interested in permaculture? Have you started something up for yourself? Let us know where you 'are at' and we can see if the forum has some suggestions for you on some steps you could take next.

I look forward to hearing more about your situation.

Cheers
    Grahame

5. Brown grnthumb

If that generalization post was directed towards me you need to read my past post. I say things like maybe, possible, most, some, few, etc.... because I don't know everyone in a supposed group; from my experience and what I've seen, aswell as family members living in that situation, I don't at all think I'm generalizing.

Where I'm at? Well if you mean where am I so far permaculture/agriculture wise I'm starting my cities first community garden with a friend, starting to plant fuit trees at my school, mapping out places along our extensive creeks that go throughout my city to guerilla garden and I am being offered a job at a local free-range organic farm to deliver eggs and chickens throught the Bay Area (If I ever bother to get a car license)

I am upset at the community garden; seems like all the people interest are from the yuppie set. Its not bad but I was hoping for more folks in the part of town its being built in (A multicultural,working/middle class neighborhood). Though I said it will be first come first serve so I'll give it to them if they want it.

6. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year

:blob6: :sleepy2:
    I feel sad :cry:

7. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member