Permie related jobs in Perth????

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by MFox, May 14, 2011.

1. MFox

MFox Junior Member

Hi Everyone!
    I have just moved to Perth and I need to find a job. I have recently made a decision to look only for jobs that involve my passion, that excite me and make me happy.
    This could include arts and crafts, gardening, building, painting.
    I have my PDC and 6 months on an eco village experience where I learnt all about sustainable building, compost toilets, constructed wetlands, organic farming, strawbale building, passive solar heating/cooling, permaculture in the bigger picture.... I am also an artist and would LOVE to work in a creative environment.
    Also if anyone has any projects that you help with, please get in touch!
    Please get back to me if you have any ideas, you can also email me on [email protected]
    Thanks, Mishi
    View attachment 1149

Attached Files:

2. charlesinnaloo

charlesinnaloo Junior Member

Hi Mishi,

I think we chatted previously didn't we ?, you where planning to move into Freo or somewhere, I think I gave you Sparkles details as we have just formed a Freo Local Permie group, appologies if I have you confused with someone else. Sparkles is offline for a few weeks as she has moved to freo also with no net currently.

Will reply to your email address but just in case something goes wrong. As part of the organisation team for the PermacultureWest team in Perth we would love to have you on board if you would like to help on in any of the roles on the organisation, we are growing and outreaching and networking in WA to try and build more community and permie projects, or at least report on and inspire people from all the ones that are currently happening.

If you have a look at the website, you probably have already, there might also be some people who can uses your skills and passions in their businesses, so might pay off that way to for contact building. Anyway have a look at www.permaculturewest.org.au and keep an eye out for the email.

Projects we are working on include; seed saving group for WA, permablitz WA, local permaculture group formation, events and festival liasoon and stall appearance, eNews production, open permie gardens and tours planning, and education organisation and networking, and much more, anyway enough ads from me :) Talk soon.
    Cheers,
    Charles Otway

3. MFox

MFox Junior Member

Hi Charles,
    I already replied to your email before I looked on the forum.

That sounds great! There is heaps happening and I am excited about getting involved.

Are these all volunteer roles?

I look forward to meeting you

Mishi