Permaculture work in Australia

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by George Henderson, Jan 26, 2019.

1. George Henderson

George Henderson New Member

Climate:
    Temperate maritime
    Hey guys!

Brand new here. I've recently taken a completely different direction in life, leaving my job in travel in London to pursue a path in which I can learn about permaculture and organic farming and immerse myself in nature.

I am currently spending the year in India, volunteering at differemt permaculture projects. I have just finsihed a 3 month stint at a reforestation project, and in a few days I will be starting a two month stint at a permaculture farm which held the international permaculture conference in 2016. I will also be taking a PDC here in March. After that I will be dividing my time between farms in India and Nepal, attempting to expose myself to the most varieties of permaculture design and practices possible. I'm also currently undertaking an online organic gardening diploma whilst volunteering.

I will have to leave the country in October 2019, at which point I am hoping to head to Australia on a working holiday visa. My question is, does anybody know of any permaculture farms in Australia which may be employing farm hands at that time? Or failing that does anybody have any tips on gaining meaningful organic farm work out there? I will consider WWOOFing, however, I don't expect by that point that my funds will allow for such a long period of unpaid work.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated! :)

Thanks guys.

grantvdm likes this.
  2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Greetings George and welcome!
    I think you're on a great path. Perhaps perusing the Permaculture Global site could help identify potential work opportunities in Australia. I might also contact the good folks at Milkwood to enquire about possibilities there and of other farms they may know of.
    Best of luck to you! Let us know how you're progressing.

grantvdm likes this.