New Technique to Split Water for Hydrogen

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by 9anda1f, Aug 2, 2013.

1. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Interesting ... hydrogen has good potential for an energy source as long as it can be done with "free" solar.

https://phys.org/news/2013-08-team-technique-hydrogen-fuel.html

2. Earth's Internet

Earth's Internet Junior Member

It's a pity there isn't more interest in this by many folks. Hopefully, such a thing can be accomplished without utilizing too much land space. The commercial Solar companies land grab in the southwestern USA deserts are killing the environment there. The west has no water available for the Solar Panel cleaning needs and their wanting to tap into fossil water aquifers is creating problems for many. Still, if mankind could find a simply cheap way of doing this without the need of a lot of energy from traditional sources, that would be great. The research group I use to be with and attend their science conferences was also working on idea for this. We came to the conclusion that if we actually found a viable solution, we'd simply have to dump it all over the Net for free use to anyone as corporate giants in bed with political allies wouldn't allow such an energy free technology to legally operate if we'd try. I don't attend the conference any longer as some speakers got a bit on the New Age side when talking about their inventions and I tend to run away when they start invoking aliens, mystic powers etc. Actually there were only two speakers like that, but I couldn't understand why they'd even allow one of they wanted to be taken seriously.