Hola from Chile

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Grifen2, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Grifen2

Grifen2 Junior Member

Hi im Grifen from new zealand living in chile with my wife javiera. i did a pdc in 2004 with bryan innes and jo pearsall in nz...was inspired, and opted out of a planning career. sin ce then i have taught 1 or 2 pdcs every year since...4 in nz, and 5 in chile in spanish. ive been on this forum for years but never really connected having lost my password years ago also. permaculture is alive and well in chile. since 2007 with a whirlwind tour with david and su we have managed to mobilise a lot of people and put permaculture and transition on the agenda. we have trained 100 people here in the design course and hundreds more in basic permaculture, delivered many talks on transition etc. in 2008 we kicked off the permaculture research institute of chile under the name instituto chileno de permacultrura. still in early stages, but pumping! we want to start connecting with the rest of the world so get in touch. if you are ever this way drop us a line. we are in short supply of experienced people in all manner of skills. currently we are both completing gaia university degrees and setting up a regional centre here - implementing geoffs permaculture master plan. we are also the first official transition initiative in latin america. a regional training centre for the great reskilling. our focus is on building permaculture design and teaching capacity in chile through the pdc, applied diploma, facilitation and design training, and teacher training. there are dozens of up and coming actionists here in chile ready to rock it. blah blah blah. anyway enough of the blah blah. we are running pdcs in spanish and english constantly...if you have some experience come and help out for food and board maybe some cash if you on to it; starting with applied permaculture course in pucon chile 4 days designing school, demo centre, village and small farm complex with 23 students. we have a pdc starting in feb 13, one in march and another in april. you can start your diploma here in april, transition training in may, we are heading to new zealand in may and oz in june. thats me, love from chile, grifen oh and our website which is in spanish and english (mostly) www.ecoescuela.cl. we are also open to trade our services with you through CES community exchange system...and to get you working on our projects also.

2. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Sounds great Grifen2, welcome back to the forum. I look forward to hearing more about your specific projects over there in Chile.

I'd love to get back to Chile some time (maybe when the kids are older).

Ciao

3. raincrow

raincrow Junior Member

Hi Grifen, I got to go to chile in 1991 with a group called ancient forests international. 20 yanks took 80 chilean university students out into their forests for 5 weeks. This was just a few months after pinochet was kicked out and most of these kids had never seen their forests and were afraid because so many people had disappeared during the pinochet years. I'll will skip all the details, but it was a wonderful experience and I really liked the chilean people. Where are you located?

4. magnoliabloomberg

magnoliabloomberg Junior Member

Hola Grifen2,
    Vivo en Australia con me marido, que es de Chile un refugiado de los fascista. We are trying to create a piece of permacultural self sufficiently in Sydney but very much beginners. How is the PC community in Chile? What part do you live in? We have guinea pigs (cuji?) here but they are really pets for the children but I know they are meat livestock in Chile and Peru. How extensive is the use of this animal in PC there? In Sydney my husband is involved in a community garden growing South and Central American traditional medical and healing plants for the local LA expat community here. Welcome to the forum!

5. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Nice website
    I can't get it up in English however
    I guess manzano is apple so you are called?

I would love to swap useful plantseed with anyone especially American traditional medical and healing plants

6. magnoliabloomberg

magnoliabloomberg Junior Member

I had no trouble reading it in English. There is a button up the top (but under the head image) with the Union Jack and the word 'Idiom' If you click that it translates all pages into English. I'll try and get some seeds grown locally to you Michaelangelica but if Grifen has some spare to send this way.....mmmm....very nice :)