Hello from Blacksnake, Queensland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by jacks, Dec 5, 2012.

1. jacks

jacks Junior Member

Hello,
    It's a little daunting writing some thoughts into the computer. This is my first post of any sort so...yep, back in my young days (1986) my wife & I left the city (Brisvagas) for the Earth Garden type lifestyle. It's been busy a wonderfull life that I wouldn't swap for anything. So just a quick bit of advice to any young ones thinking of doing similar. JUST DO IT!! We've learnt so much but have so much more to learn. Isn't it great.

2. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Hi jacks and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are content, doing what you enjoy. Do you have any photos of your corner to share?

3. jacks

jacks Junior Member

Hi S.O.P.
    I'm just going to try searching FAQ's for how to upload photo's. DOH I just found the "Insert Image" icon. But now whats a URL? My images are on my computer not the net?
    Which part of the world are you from? I see your a senior member. Can I some how search your posts so I don't annoy you with a thousand Q's you've answered many times before.

4. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

You will figure it out, google will most likely give you the most succinct information. Personally, I upload my images to an account on www.imgur.com but it's quite the popular site now and I can't recommend them whilst they are so busy. As for using the forum, click on the 'Manage Attachments' under the 'Advanced Reply' not 'Quick Reply', you can upload from computer there.

Don't be fooled by the Senior Member, it just means I post more. Most of my posts are purely theoretical, I haven't done a PDC so I am not an authority on any subject.

I'm in a northern Brisbane suburb, under the Moreton Bay Council.

5. juhill

juhill Junior Member

Hi jacks welcome ... there is always lots to learn and I'm trying my best I've joined the Permaculture group that meets in Wondai every month and learning a bit.