capsicum!!! pls help me

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by Michaelangelica, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

capsicum!!! pls help me

Sent: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:09 pm
    To: Michaelangelica
    i need some help with capsicums :wink: and i got this 3m by 10m veggie patch, i just want it all dedicated to capisicums (yum...) how many capsicums do you think will be on one bush and how far apart should i plant the bushes? how heavy are the apsicum fruits?
    well im just really talking about averages so pls tell me i want to get started as soon as i can

2. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

Re: capsicum!!! pls help me

g'day michaelangelica,

all i can suggest is plant them like you would tomato's, or no less than 1/2 a meter apart. they will need staking just like the tom's to support their break easy branches and keep the fruit off the mulch. not sure when capsicum lover wherever they are plans on planting the capsicums but unless you are up in the tropics it is getting a bit late for the sub-tropics/warm temporate areas, they may still grow but they won't fruit until the longer hotter days next season. if you get heavy frosts they may not even last.

we find we get better results from the second year of the plants life, the first season may not deliver much at all.

len

3. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

That's a lot of capsicums!

4. fruit fly

fruit fly Junior Member

Gday
    I planted capsicums for the first time this season and was surprised at how easy and productive they were to grow.
    After an initial caneing form the snails when they were seedlings. They seem to then need lots of water and a good much other then that they pretty much take care of themselves.
    I have 5 plants and they produced kilos of capsicums. im sick of the sight of em' :D
    Which is ok when they are around $7 a kilo in the shops, it makes for an easy trade for somthing else from a neighbour :)
    good luck
    fruit fly