Anyone interested in goats or housesitting near Sydney?

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by fiona, Feb 9, 2008.

1. fiona

fiona Junior Member

Hi all

I live on a suburban block quite close to Hornsby, and have just brought home two mini goats - a milker and a wether for company. We also have 5 chooks and a messy veg garden (that isn't producing much right now!). We go away for about two to three weeks in total each year (2 x 1 and 1/2 weeks) so I am wondering if there is anyone around Sydney who would be interested in housesitting when we are away. Perhaps if you are living in a share house or something like that, but would like to get goats/chooks in the future and want to know what its like, this could suit you. We only go away school holidays, and we are near public transport. I would really like to find someone that we could get to know, and who could get to know our animals, as I don't want to leave animals or house with someone I don't know, and you would also need to practice milking a bit first I think, if you haven't done it before!

Also, is there anyone else here in/near Sydney who has or would like to have goats?????

Fiona