Ag systems modeller

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by rowan, Aug 2, 2021.

1. rowan

rowan Junior Member

Hi, I did a PDC in 1990 (2nd generation, ie taught by people taught by Bill Mollison, and partly at his place). I've since gone into research, doing a PhD in landscape ecology and have just started work as an ag systems modelling lecturer and thought in might be interesting cross-fertilisation to post what I'm up to here. It's mainstream ag, but I consider myself a conservation scientist, and the goal is to reduce the gap between conventional ag and agecology.

So my first day and I've been asked to be on a Landcare panel on agecology, so that will be interesting.

I'm also taking GDRC best management practices for grain production and running them through a water-use profitability tool to estimate the profitability of different crops and management practices for different water availability.

I'm also going to be supervising a PhD student who is working on the goal of red meat production in Australia to go carbon neutral by 2030.

I'm new to all of this, so it will be a steep learning curve. There's much more, but enough for now. Is it ok to keep posting to this thread?

Cheers,
    Rowan Eisner

Jaya2714 likes this.