Terra! Help please ...

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by helenlee, Jun 12, 2014.

1. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Mmmmmm ... got it : )

: )
    : )

2. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

I dunno why but I can't reply to anything on the What's on in Girralong thread?
    There are no options to reply to posts on there, nor the option of composing a new reply ... : /

3. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I think I fixed it Helen….

4. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    large nails, block of wood, drill or chisel

pound two to hold up the axe head, put the axe head up against them, then pound two more to hold it in place, then you should be able to drill it out (carefully), or chisel...

5. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Oh thank god for that!
    I woke up this morning thinking "Maybe they've all just heard enough of my crap???" :blush:

6. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Pound in 2 what & then 2 more what to hold it ???? : )

Yeah I would have figured out something ... similar to whatever it is you're suggesting ... but I was being lazy & hoping someone else had run across the problem & could say "Oh just jam it between a gate & the gate post while you whack it - that's what we've always done."

I'm in a bit of a "mood" again ... determined to make things hard for myself & hurt myself in the process because I've got the pip with the world ... which has never ended well in the past, so I dunno why I keep recycling it :think:
    At least now I think the answer is "Because I don't have the physical means to choose viable alternatives" rather than "Because I still haven't learned that it hurts." Small progress has gotta be better than none doesn't it? : )

7. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

OK so I'm in a bit of a mood AND I forgot how to read :(
    OK ... I re-read your post & saw the additional info this time :)

8. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

If you dont need it for a while put it on a termite mound :)

9. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

: ) : ) : ) : ) : )

Yeah I thought of that brilliant solution myself a couple of hours ago when I was sitting there whacking the hell out of it & not getting anywhere : )
    But seeing as I need it like yesterday, & the bloody timber in it is harder than nails ... well the time frame & the particulars don't sort of meet anywhere near a termite mound : ) : ) : )

I'm not actually positive this axe head has been chucked in the fire. If I was sure it had, I'd just throw it back in because this is boring.

How can I tell if this particular head has been burned before?

10. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Have you managed to catch "Old School"?
    It's on ABC tonight here ... dunno about where you are ...

It's Sam Neill & Bryan Brown. Hilarious & heart warming, & underscores the fact that silver & older can be sexy as all hell : )
    If one of them invited me for a drink I'd be ecstatic ... especially Lenny! I always love the larrakins ... sigh.
    I love it ... haven't missed an episode : )

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/bryan-brown-and-sam-neill-are-old-school-20140609-zs1q2.html

View attachment 2640

Attached Files:

11. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Bloody Hell. I just stuck a note to your wall saying thanks & all that, & noticed we're not even friends!!!
    So I thought I'd remedy that ... the request is in the mail : ) : ) : )

12. Terra

Terra Moderator

Looks like something I would watch , if it doesnt clash with horrid renovation cooking singing I might get a shot at it . Busy organising and printing stuff to take with me hope to get a ride on my old bike this trip if the exhaust is back from the chrome place in time . Mate im staying with has a few jobs , aquaponic expansion plus extra shade house also we are going to build a rocket stove to heat water for a bit of finger burning fun .

13. Terra

Terra Moderator

Axe head --- if the temper has changed it might chip at the sharp edge or bend , hard to tell without a handle in it :p

14. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

OMG I am always saying the smiles here are inadequate!!! Where is the ROTFLMAO smilie when I need it???? (That stupid laughing head thingy we have just doesn't cut the mustard.)

Man ... we are living parallel lives. I've been walking around humming "Don't wish too hard for what you want because then you might get it, & then when you get it, you might find that what you really wanted & what you really wished for you never really wanted at all." : )
    I've had Mr 23 & Ms Almost 21 here (at different times - thank god!!!) for the past several months. And let me tell you - I am going to state right here, in writing ... I would rather die alone & cold & hungry than put up with either of them for longer than a weekend under my roof ever again!!! It is HELL! If I never see another "horrid renovation cooking singing" show again it will be too soon! The telephone must be about to melt into a heap of glowing plastic & toxic metal sludge, the internet speed is permanently sloooooooooooow, & I'm to afraid to look at the phone bill (I caught her talking to her bf, on his mobile, in bloody LEBANON once!!!!) They eat like horses, can't cook, & are apparently terrified of water (only in kitchen sinks though, not in showers or baths.) I want to run away, but they're too useless to be left in charge of a mushroom growing shed, let alone a place with live animals. Help!!!

I hope you have an awesome trip & I'm looking forward to hearing about it when you get back. Especially the rocket stove ... I'm very interested in them. And the bike ... I hope you get to take it out for a spin ... I'd love to be on the back - I'm a great pillion : ) Get photos if you do yes? : )
    And don't forget to bring something very nice back for the Missus. If she's staying home with the "horrid renovation cooking singing" show mob, she's going to need a bit of cheering up when you get back : )

15. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

I have to find that quote of yours about city blokes always trying to find ways to kill themselves within 10 feet of the back door. (I think you were referring to your daughters boyfriends.) That is one of my favourites ... but I can't remember where you wrote it : /

16. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

The edge doesn't look particularly chipped. And it doesn't look warped or anything. I dunno if this one has been in the fire or not ... I tend to lose a lot of tools & stuff when the latest bloke packs up :think: I can't remember this ones history for sure ...
    I still haven't gotten over losing my all time favourite axe head. I had a hand forged one years ago & the bf at the time took a shine to it. He swapped it with a cheap one when I left. It must have been summer, because I didn't notice, & when I got it out again to use several months later he was long gone. Which was very lucky for him 'cause I'm still dirty about that 15 years later (oh good grief - there's no angry face either!!!)

17. Terra

Terra Moderator

Just burn it out if you cant get the wood out the world wont stop turning , you need it , worst case is you will have to sharpen it more often .

18. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Yes ... well .. after clearing up a little problem I was having with the cordless drill, I'll have another go tomorrow.
    No. Don't ask what the problem with the drill was. I'm not so shameless as to confess that on here ... :blush:

I do, however, have some questions about starting this bloody chain saw that I can rarely start. That can wait till you get back though : )

19. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

God I hate Friday nights & weekends on here. You could shoot a cannon ... : /

20. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    What is it with chainsaws? They all seem almost impossible to get started.
    I found out why I couldnt start mums ' one.....she told me she had filled it up and I went ahead and asked my firewood mate if he could start it for me......"um, perhaps if you put some fuel in it......". I didnt think to check whether or not she actually had filled it.dah.