Living plants generate electricity with no waste at all....

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Pakanohida, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Plant-e is a company that develops products that can generate electricity from living plants. Based on natural processes electrons are harvested from the soil and electricity is produced while plants keep growing! Too good to be true?

https://youtu.be/Ku1-_MOzkTE

2. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Could be. Depends on what it does to the crop? I saw a program a while back that shows plants communicating with their environment. and with each other. I guess the next question will be "Do plants have souls?" I can just see the placards being touted at Food Lion reading "Plant Lives Matter"

3. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Some believe everything has a soul down to the carpet that a person walks on, and the dust in it. *shrugs* why not?

We have known plants, trees, forests, communicate with each other since the 1950's... but alas, suppression of news... just like today is Earth Overshoot Day, which I can guarantee not a single news service world wide will pick up.

4. Allan Babb

Allan Babb New Member

There was a story on NPR about birds communicating between species. It seems that birds may have a complex language that they can use to fend off predators together.