Let's See Those Pics!

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by sunnyslopes, Oct 2, 2008.

1. sunnyslopes

sunnyslopes Junior Member

I'm hoping to start a thread with lots of links to pics and illustrations. Google Picasa has very large storage capacity of high Mega-pixel pics. Here is a link to my pics since July 2008.

I Have fixed the problem with the link. Let me know if it works.

If you want to copy and paste from google send me an IM and I will try and explain it to you.

https://picasaweb.google.com/johnston.albertg/HomePermacultureOctober2008#

[​IMG]

Check out these FunGuys!

2. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    Re: Let's See Those Pics!

Great idea! That link is broken though.

3. hardworkinghippy

hardworkinghippy Junior Member

Sort the link out Sunnyslopes !

I prefer https://www.flickr.com because it's easy to put your photos straight into the post.

Here are my free-range chickens and cooped up veg....
    [​IMG]

This is an old army tent we used as a cage (on the left - this chicken shed's on the right) and it's been great for salads, celery etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My loofahs et Black-eyed Susan a few days ago...

[​IMG]

And one of my chickens walking on the path...

[​IMG]

and some of my veg ready for sterilising

[​IMG]

4. dancinglight

dancinglight Guest

Hardworkinghippy.......your blog is fantastic, I've been enjoying it so much and have sent the address to others I know who might enjoy it.

:thumbleft:

5. bazman

bazman Junior Member

hardworkinghippy, wow, what a great place you have made for yourself's you should be so proud, ok I have not posted an update of my place here for a while, will try to take some new pics on the weekend.

Liked seeing chooks in the gardens, I'm still unsure of letting them roam free in the food growing areas.

6. *redreamer*

*redreamer* Junior Member

Looking great there hippieinthehills... i do check out your blog frequently..... very inspiring! I have passed your blog address onto many people over the last year or so..... 8)

I do find images and photos really help people motivate and get involved as well......one of the reasons blogs work i think is they become 'narrative' after a while...... and tell the whole story.... thats something that brings them into the useful practical and generally informative world. Apart from the reality of someone actually DOING IT......

The rain has not stopped here all week and while i do get some outside time ... at the moment i am CANNING TOMATO sauces,. seems to be a bit of a forever task... .its been a great year for tomatoes....

some recent pics......

Autumn has arrived with rain and colder temperatures...
    [​IMG]

last chance to burn some of the waste material we have 'dug up' on the property.....it was obviously common practice to BURY rubbish and we have spent a significant amount of time recycling the metal, the tyres we have unearthed ....the wood we decided to burn (what we could not salvage as useable timber or lengths)..... some of it was too far gone......

[​IMG]

wildflowers and produce...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from garden to freezer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the kitchen garden

[​IMG]

wow my big bad beet

[​IMG]

became borsche!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all organic....

[​IMG]

next year (spring) we build the chicken coup....... we just ran out of time this year....

7. hardworkinghippy

Oh that tree photo with the corn is wonderful and the rest comes as a big surprise because the first time I thought of you as a gardener as well as an artist was when I saw your blog and you were canning tomatoes - that was only last week - so this lot seems to have grown up overnight. :D

Thanks for your comments about the blog, (and to the others too!) I'm ashamed that I don't put more stuff into it, but chicken sheds and fixing fences and shearing goats and getting the wood in get in the way.... :wink:

It always seems odd to me that in a Permaculture forum there aren't more photos of things. I like to see how they're made and how they look and how people grow things and what worked and what animals people keep and all the colours and shapes and excitement of everything bursting with health.

What are those beasties Sunnyslopes?

8. hardworkinghippy

Since my computer's working OK tonight I'll post a couple more pics.... :twisted:

This is us picking up chestnuts for the pigs who are still too small to go out into the big park and hunt them themselves. We get wonderful mushrooms in this part of the forest and brambles and acorns. If you look at the dogs, you can tell where the fox goes through the fence...

[​IMG]

Here are our new piggies !

[​IMG]

If I lived closer Redreamer, I'd come and give you a hand to get that chicken shed up!

[​IMG]

9. paradisi

paradisi Junior Member

La Ferme de Sourrou

tres bon

and thats as far as I dare go with my French in public :D

excellent place hwhippy

10. *redreamer*

*redreamer* Junior Member

ha ha that is sooooo funny you did not realise i was a gardener!

Omg...... somewhere along the line i must have missed a few things.....

I TAUGHT permaculture to kids at school in western australia......before i moved to USA....

We had a culture of gardening at the school and i took over the gardening element and did hay bale gardens each year to get kids into FOOD...and VEGETABLES.......we even grew calendulas and sold them to the Tinderbox (which is a herb business in Balingup where i moved from)......

I was friends with cecelia aldridge and the whole Nannup permaculture group through my volunteer work with Westwhales..... (cetaecean rescue group)......and learned lots from them all...... :)

Its a small world ....... i feel somewhat DAUNTED by dealing with really cold weather..ie North East USA Winters compared to South Western Australian Winters are a HUGE learning curve......and part of the reason the chicken house did not happen is I am scared of making a terminal mistake with the house for the chickens to survive winter.....

I guess i just need the info.... the physical building of the house is kinda the easy part....... lol (well sorta).....

I knew you were having computer issues...... and I thought...uh oh!

So i can see i need to post more about my garden! :mrgreen: