a monthly group working bee group around the Nimbin area

Discussion in 'Permaculture Groups, Contacts Activities Anounceme' started by Rubenisimo, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Rubenisimo

Rubenisimo Junior Member

Gday All,

I am beginning a permaculture garden 10 min outside the nimbin area on the lismore side. Overwhelmed by the immensity of undertaking such a task, ive often thought that an extra pair of hands could help. Consequently, im searching for a group of likeminded people that are interested in exchanging labour.

I figure the following guidelines might help to keep things equitable.
    1 - A working bee is held once a month at someones property.
    2 - Every time you help on someones property, you earn a point.
    3 - The person with the most number of points earns the right to host the working bee and have people help out on their property the following month.
    4 - After a working bee is held at the someones property, their points reset to zero, thereby allowing the next highest point holder on the list to host the next working bee. This way, the most helpful person is rewarded for their hard work.
    5 - Although not compulsory, cups of tea and possibly a biscuit for morning tea could be offered by the host in gratitude for the incredible work done by the group.

This is an idea im putting forward to scope out to see if anybody out there is interested. At the moment, i have 3 people that are potentially on board...

Finally, A name for the group might make it sound official and legitimate... Creative names for the group would be very well received. Im thinking something along the lines of "Woolen Underpants In Summer Working Group" or "The Working Group of People Who Are Shamlessly Addicted to Golden Girls Reruns ". :) ...Maybe someone else should think of a name.

But seriously, what do you think?

2. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Re: a monthly group working bee group around the Nimbin area

Good luck
    You could suck it and see.

I think you might need to have a group of people who know and trust each other first?

Have you seen the Meetup site?
    You might like to float your idea there
    EG these people are interested in forming a Permaculture group in Byron bay
    https://permaculture.meetup.com/cities/au/byron_bay/

3. bernado soares

bernado soares Junior Member

Re: a monthly group working bee group around the Nimbin area

Drop yourself down to the nimbin community garden ruben they are a deeply divided bunch ,but you never know.It seems there is a rift between the spirited and the free spirits.The garden is located about 100meters past the cop shop on the site of an old church look for the fig strangling the jelly palm and beautiful flower gardens out front.
    Give it a suck and see

4. knighter

knighter Junior Member

hello there

i think its a magic idea, my girlfriend (Tina 32) and me (Ian 35) are moving to north nsw in the next 2/3 months to try and find land to start our own pc project so you can count us in.
    when we have found a house to rent and have settled i'll get in touch.
    how about "bee-coz we care group"
    bye for now
    Ian and Tina

5. knighter

knighter Junior Member

hello there

ian and tina now live in northern rivers nsw, when do we begin this busy bee venture.
    be happy
    knighter

6. sserendipityy

sserendipityy New Member

This is an older thread,but I live in Lismore and have just started on the urban forest path. Although I studied general horticulture for 1 and 1/2 years I have a lot to learn regarding food and natural solutions and this may be a perfect way to learn while doing (the way I learn best).

Did this get off the ground? If so contact me with details . . . thank you.