Will Solar Power And Electric Vehicles Diminish The Need For Local Food?

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by insipidtoast, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

I would prefer a world where I had no need for a car or for solar power. Surely we are smart enough now as a species to come up with alternatives to electricity. Or at the very least we must be able to reduce the amount we use down to infinitesimal amounts. We must be able to design things (homes, food and water harvesting, etc) that counter the need to do it the cheats way.

I reckon we can.

2. macousin

macousin Junior Member

springtide

Thank you. Well in Australia, electric cars will not do much good with all our coal power stations (and the issue of disposing of batteries), so if permaculture gets us into carbon fixing food forests as productive assets and permafarms as carbon recycling systems there is money to be made selling carbon credits for everybody here. I think we just need to get our head out of our individual perm heavens and start getting organised as a cottage "industry" (sorry for using this word - but we may need to use a language that our audiences will understand) and take advantage of this.

Now I know i am new here and I know nothing but I have been reading posts on this site for 6 hours straight and I love everything i read (with a good laugh too, sometimes) but I also see a lot of whinging and "we are good they are bad" thinking. When I catch myself doing it, well I wack myself on the head. LOL.

3. springtide

springtide Junior Member

- I like the carbon tax, Aust. could do better but it is a start.... but i don't tell anyone in the "real" world that, it's all 6 litre senators around here.