Share Your Permaculture Knowledge and Get Paid for It!

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by CraigMackintosh, Aug 19, 2010.

1. CraigMackintosh

CraigMackintosh *****

This is an announcement to advise that the PRI has now started to pay permaculturists to write articles for our main blog: www.permaculture.org.au

Some of you guys and gals have immense permaculture experience and expertise. We want to see this knowledge getting put out there as fast as possible - and so we offer the carrot of payment to encourage you to break out your quills and ink and pass your knowledge on to a world that desperately needs it.

Our site traffic is higher than ever. There's no time like the present to leverage this and start sharing with our fellow humans.

I'm particularly keen to see lots of practical 'how to' type articles - which would suit many of you, and which I will likely consolidate into a single 'how to' page linking to each article for people to browse once we have enough - but also other articles on world issues (peak oil, transition initiatives, alternatives to current economic/political systems, etc. etc.).

Please click on the following link to learn more and I look forward to helping you share your valuable knowledge soon!

https://permaculture.org.au/2010/08/18/get-paid-to-share-your-permaculture-passion-with-the-world/

Thanks all

Craig Mackintosh

Grace Pignatello likes this.
  2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Thanks Craig!

So everybody, this is the perfect opportunity to contribute to the growing store of Permaculture knowledge within the PRI and help make it available around the world. After all, the main PRI website and this forum have international readership and from what I've seen here over the years, each and every one of you have at least one "how-to" bit that perhaps no one else has ever seen before! Also judging by the quality of postings here, many of you are budding authors just in need of a little exposure ... here's your chance! If you'd like a little help or a good proof-read of your article just let one of us know (pick your favorite poster) and I'll wager they'd be happy to give you a hand.

I've been thinking about this all weekend (while on a long drive) and the thought occurred to me to write up how to build the arched trusses for an underground root cellar (posted here a couple of years ago: https://forums.permaculture.org.au/showthread.php?4977-Ever-designed-a-root-cellar&highlight=root+cellar+trusses, mainly because it's one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen for an easy, practical earth covered roof (even though it wasn't my idea and already existed here on the farm ; )

What do you have in mind for an article??

= )
    Bill

Grace Pignatello likes this.
  3. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    This is such a great strategy. And good idea Bill, if people want some help I'm sure the forum will provide :)

Can you say some stuff about the traffic going through the forum? 109 users online at the moment - are they on the forum specifically rather than the PRI site as a whole?

4. CraigMackintosh

CraigMackintosh *****

Hi Pebble

The stats you're looking at are for the forum only. The main site has over 4,300 visits per day (up from 200-300 per day three years ago). The main site overtook the forum for traffic quite some time ago. I like to think of the main site as reaching out to 'convert' people to permaculture - covering all relevant aspects. From there, we want to see people signing up to the forum, so they can join the community for which the main page is the front (shop sign, as it were).

Forum members have such a wealth of knowledge - I truly would like to see them beginning to share it with the larger audience on our main page. How else can we hope to really make a difference and save our futures?

5. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Gee, I don't know if I can give up my highly $ lucrative job here as a moderator.