Self-paced PDC

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by ~Tullymoor~, Dec 17, 2004.

1. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

G'day all,
    Has anyone done the pdc at home through Permaculture Visions? How did you go?
    I am seriously thinking of enrolling next year but worry that I won't learn as much as in a group situation. I can't/don't want to leave home for a week or more to attend a course, so this is my only other option I guess.
    Any thoughts??
    ~Tullymoor~

2. Guest

I would say that one of the things you'll miss out by not attending a live class with a group are the great questions the other students ask - questions that you might not think to ask yourself. Also, a lot of important interaction goes on between the students during break times. If nothing else, you would miss out on the close friendships that develop during courses.

If you have no other choice, though, then take the online course. This forum and others are available if you have any questions...

3. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Courses

Hi In What part of the world are you...Permaculture Vision where do they operate?
    Terry

4. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

Hi Douglas,
    Yes, that is the valuable stuff I *know* I'll miss out on worse luck :(
    Tezza,
    Sorry, should have included the link to Permaculture Visions web site. They are in Wooloongong I think. I'm in suburban Melbourne but not for long I hope. :shock:
    Here's the link. https://www.permaculturevisions.com
    Thanks for your replies. This is a very quiet forum isn't it??

5. Snake

Snake Junior Member

PDC Alternatives

There may be other opportunities to do the PDC over a series of weekends in Melbourne; there was such a course being run by the community garden out Eltham way (I forget its name, I'm sorry) last year, or CERES at East Brunswick(?) might be able to give you some advice. My PDC was considerably enriched by the other students contributions and questions, but if you have to go the correspondence road, so be it - at least it's going in the right direction!

Cheers,

Mark :wink:

6. Mont

Mont Junior Member

What about TAFE colleges in Melbourne, Tullymoor? That way you could get the student interaction without spending a week away. In Sydney, Ryde college runs courses. Surely one in Melbourne does too - or was all that airy fairy stuff cut when Jeff was premier?