Permie seeks work in Bendigo (VIC)

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by ecodharmamark, Nov 9, 2005.

1. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day good people

Having just completed a PDC I'm keen to put the past 5-years of practising permaculture principles in my life to good use - at your place!

I'm open to all opportunities within the Bendigo (VIC) bioregion.

I can (farm) fence; design/develop kitchen gardens and small-scale orchards; lend a hand to that muddie or strawbale building you never get the time to finish; build a reasonably good drystone wall; fix the Fergie (qual. mechanic); and do any manner of other summertime jobs around your small-scale farm/block/whatever (seed collection and propagation are passions of mine).

I'll even just come and rave about permaculture (for free) if you want to learn more about how the principles can be applied to your situation. I'm always interested in seeing new places and learning about them and the people that live there.

I don't want big bucks - just an opportunity to save for my own patch of dirt.

Drop me an e-mail if any of the above appeals.

Peace and Happiness,

Mark Chesterfield

[email protected]

2. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day All,

Having just received an official offer from VTAC (Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre) means that I will be undertaking full-time studies this year (and possibly next). This suggests that the window of opportunity for me to work at your place is just about to close.

I want to thank all of you who took the time to read my initial blurb (142 - at the time of this posting), and I want to wish everyone the greatest of year's that this, the Year of the Dog will offer.

My year will be extremely busy one, but I would like to think that I could make the time to check-out and have a rave with the inhabitants of any permie properties in the Central Victorian district.

I didn't have a lot of luck finding paid employment last year, and as a result my little pile of savings for my own piece of dirt is now somewhat diminished. But with the possibility of employment on the horizon at the completion of my studies this year (or maybe next), there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Once again, thank you and have a good year. Oh, and if I can find the spare time, I would be very interested in visiting and helping with permie-inspired projects on the week-ends, etc. for nothing more than a simple feed, perhaps a bed for the night, and some good cultural exchange (wwoofer style).

Mark.