My subtropical hub

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by Bananarama, Nov 13, 2013.

1. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Just the cotton, Eco. My post indicates they cut themselves, it was a hypothetical about someone not wearing chaps and the chain coming off.

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I have enough trouble getting chaps to go out on a date with me. How am I going to get them to wrap themselves around my legs? ;)

3. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Between your feminism post above, fast-moving pieces of steel and a person trying to contort themselves, I believe somebody is going to get hurt.

Sorry bananarama about the off-topic stuff.

4. altamira55

altamira55 Junior Member

Ha ha! Just saw Anonymous's comment. I dunno ... I was 50-something years old when that pic was taken. If someone thought I was hot at the age of 52 or 53, it's kinda sweet ...

5. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Quite likely!

And I'm sure there's much more to Altamira than just 'hotness'.

6. KiwiInOz

KiwiInOz Junior Member

Climate:
    Temperate
    Well, I actually bought a chainsaw but since they terrify the heck me, it is still sitting in it's box 2 years later.
    But what a woman REALLY needs - is a reciprocating saw! OK, so they are not as fast as a chainsaw, but a whole lot safer and much easier to use. And by golly what a workhorse my cheapie has been. It is my very favorite-ist tool. It is great for cutting into the ground for tree roots and stuff like that too.
    I use "demolition" blades. See what I cut down with a 12" blade. Takes a while to get through the large branches, but very quick to go through the little side branches when on the ground
    View attachment 2540
    Here is a pic of mine. Here it is wearing the 12 inch demolition blade, they come in sizes from 4" and up
    View attachment 2541

Attached Files:

7. altamira55

altamira55 Junior Member

I dunno, KiwiInOz, I'm as afraid of damaging myself with a falling tree as of the chainsaw. I usually get help if I need to remove a large tree.

8. Bananarama

Bananarama Junior Member

Hi Everyone !! I've been away for a bit and now I'm back. Last year I worked off property a bit too much and was studying Holistic Land Management - Allan Savory's work for anyone curious. I got a great wake up call re the value of large grazing animals in sequestering carbon etc and adequate land recovery and realistic stocking rates. I'm currently trying to work out how to apply those concepts with my chooks and ducks. May get some lambs next spring... still dreaming about goats. I'm also ready for WWOOFing type situations so look forward to getting a bunch of stuff done in the cooler months. I have not yet mastered the chainsaw, however my man upgraded his recently. My 3yo also got a little sthil chainsaw, and complains that is doesn't actually cut anything.
    I have been growing up and 'harvesting' cockerels which has been a big learning curve however it's the sort of relationship I want to have with the meat my household consumes. We've had a busy few weeks, and they are maturing so have around 6 celebrating the dawn atm. It's a chance to experiment with rooster dynamics - and so far so good. They are fascinating creatures.
    Well thanks for being here - you all rock and I'm so happy to be back in the forums here.

9. Bananarama

Bananarama Junior Member

Oh and I forgot to say .. there is magic in the air in the subtropics .. cuttings are striking like lightning inc pigeon pea and crotalaria which I find really surprising!!