Murray the moderator, .... 'YOU PEOPLE'.. really??

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by ho-hum, Jun 18, 2006.

1. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Murray, I have sat on my reply for 24 hours, you have had carte blanche with my post. You are the moderator.

Take it from me... if i am to be a respondent/community member and I am EVER again confronted with such peurile/religious rubbish I will willingly dismiss my efforts here as wasteful.

Do you really think you can have a fucking idiot like that which 1. proposed ganja as a way of saving yourself.

2. if you are not 'doing it' you really must save your kids from the masonic ritual child abuse system>?.>>

GIMME A FUCKING BREAK.. SHOULD I BE FEEDING MY KIDS GANJA OR SMOKING IT, IT IF I PARTAKE AND THEY DONT.. then what??

AND THE FACT............. ONE OF OUR WONDERFUL CHATTERS WAS CALLED A 'CHEEKY KONT'..........

MURRAY. you should have been on this early, this chatter mentioned permaculture only as an excuse to post seriously fucking way out shit and hope we would swallow it...

I EVEN PROPOSED WE SHOULD START A GANJA LINK. [I didnt start one because i have done so politically and have DONE the arguments]

MURRAY........... TAKE HEED......... IF YOU SEE 'YOU PEOPLE' IN A POST, understand that most of will either feel confronted, miffed or downright pissed off.

Even the occassional admirer of this group would find us intelligent, diverse, cognitive. This is not a precursor to holding hands.. but those posts had gone too fucking far. This was not about JAH or Jesus or the 'sacred weed' beliefs. This forum doesnt even flinch at that issue. It was all about s nutjob lecturing us on the basis that 'they had the truth'. Even that I am not disputing.. but a 'HELLO' first would have helped..

We are adults. None of us have ever portrayed that one of God/Jah's little plants should be made illegal.. I have NEVER seen that..

floot

2. murray

murray Junior Member

mike,

what's the problem exactly? can you point me to it? (apart from "cheeky cont" which i am dealing with)

thanks

murray

3. Ev

Ev Junior Member

Proper insult techniques explored

I took it as a compliment, me the cheeky cont
    I took it as a mark of respect
    If it was meant as an insult I'd be dissapointed with this effort at ridicule
    and know that the adversary was already defeated.

If I have this wrong I will find out quick enough

4. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Not sure what that means. Whatever infinitegodhead posts here is not a reflection on the quality of your posts. I think people who put out some interesting (paradigm shifting) posts that are heavily sprinkled with ganja/goddess references are pretty inoffensive. I don't smoke ganja, but I don't care if others do.

I did find the whole ganja-stops-the-masonic-child-abuse thing pretty silly, honestly, but some of his other points have been very insightful.

I think, Floot, if you relax, man, and, like, you know, sit down and commune with the goddess of all the universe, over a big spliff of the kind bud, in a comfortable chair, or even a hammock strung between two E. Camaldulensis (sorry, but I think it would probably be better for your meditation if it was with out the topless blond) and practice breathing, you will understand more of what infinitegodhead is saying. Okay, just kidding...

But aren't you the big devotee of "ignore"? If infinitgodheads posts strike you as being so silly, so offensive, so aggravating that it causes you to froth at the mouth and type violently, if his view points are so antagonistic to yours that you become infuriated, if your participation here is predicated on his posts either not being here or being edited to content that YOU find more suitable, then maybe you should either
    a. leave. The world is a big place. If what others write here bothers you so much, find some place where contrariness of though does not occur.
    b. choose to "ignore" him, (that buton right there next to his posts? That's the one that does it!), making his thoughts unimportant and invisible.
    c. drink less coffee and smoke more of that dope (maybe double up on your meds?). I hear it does wonders with aggression issues :lol: .

When you go on about "topless blonds", noone calls for your removal. It's just one of those things. I expect infinitgodhead to post things like he posts, some of it fairly esoteric, some of it pretty clued in, and some of it looking a bit clueless (just to me, my opinion, and I accept that I may be missing something!). I accept him for who he is, and he is a part of the whole, just like you, just like me.

When you make posts about killing cats, dismissing a whole pile of people who are friends as "lowlifes", or make posts that objectify women ala topless blondes and champagne, questioning wether or not Round Up is an agent of suicide, rejoicing in killing cats or celebrating killing Catholics, we all accept that is you. It may not put the best face forward for this site, but you are you, and for better or worse, you are here. Some people may find you or some of your expressed opinions offensive enough to "ignore" you, others may not. I don't ignore you!

When we had a racist bufoon Round Up promoter here, noone (not even me) called for his removal. That individual did not understand, nor believe in Permaculture, he was not interested in learning about permaculture (I am still puzzled as to why he was here at all) and half of his posts were about how wonderful Round Up was.

That was, to my way of thinking, much more offensive than any ganja-will-save-us-all sort of thing, and noone wanted him to leave, nor was anyone silly enough to try to give Murray an either-or ultimatum over his participation. Eventually he lost interest in being here and fucked off to I-don't-know-where. That person was much more offensive than infinitegodhead, and as I recall, the two of you were pretty chummy......

You may not agree with infinitegodhead (well, obviously you disagree, you called him a "fucking idiot"), but you should retain an openness of understanding that some people embrace politics or spiritual beliefs that you do not. Shame on you for trying to censor others because you don't get it. I don't get it either, but I defend his right to post whatever he wants to. Not one jot of what he said is racist, argumentative, sexist, or anti-life cat hating propaganda!

Lastly, this is a forum, okay? Don't take it too seriously. The words here are just thoughts and info exchange. Nothing worth working yourself into a lather about. Don't take your self too seriously, either. With rants like the above, noone else is.

5. Forest Fairy

Forest Fairy Junior Member

Whoa....
    We all need to take a big deep breath here.

In through the nose, and out through the mouth. In through the nose, and out through the mouth.

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinions and what better way than on a forum like this, but shouldn't we keep it civil?
    There are some incredibly knowledgeable people on this forum, and thank god it is around. As a relatively new comer to Permaculture and this site, I am still thinking alot of it is about being a peace lovin' Mung Bean, but hell you could certainly scare someone into breaking out the chemicals and never returning here again with all that agro.

I attended an Organic Growers meeting a while ago where 2 people decided it would be appropriate to air the groups dirty laundry from the AGM. It got really ugly and was incredibly embarassing for those of us who were newbies there. I have never been back since.

Christopher has the right idea. Kick back in the hammock, have a chai if that is your bag, and remember that you are here for a good time not a long time, so don't waste your energy through negativity and anger.

6. Mungbeans

Mungbeans Junior Member

Truly some of IGH ideas are rather (now how do I say this?) unusual(?). If I had been tempted to actually read his posts I might even have been offended. But really, how can I take someone seriously when he is so whacked out on the Infinite God Heads that he can't type straight?

7. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Permaculture is all about diversity, we should celebrate the diversity in both plants and people....... :D

8. SueinWA

SueinWA Junior Member

I have floot on "ignore", so I don't know what he's going on about this time, but from his past posts, he seems to be one of those who can dish it out, but can't take it himself. floot's only reason to hang around here seems to be to irritate people. Check out his very first post.

Sue

9. Mungbeans

Mungbeans Junior Member

Harsh and untrue. Could everyone please take a chill pill?

10. Alex M

Alex M Junior Member

I suspect that Infinitegodhead/King Amdo is dealing with some serious chidhood trauma through the overuse of ganja. He doesn't mean to harm anyone; he's just protecting his wounds, and in doing so, tends to lash out at in all directions. I don't know that there's much that any off us can do for him over there on the other side of the planet, but to show him a little compassion, or at the very least, not react with anger to his words.

Afer all, everybody is someone else's weirdo.
    :goodman:

11. christopher

Alex,

IGH may be suffering from all those things, and ganja may be his self medication, but that's his business. Noone has the right to call someone here a fucking idiot like that. It is fine to disagree with people, but name calling ("fucking idiot") over silly shit like this is uncalled for. IGH's "lashing out" seems pretty mello in comparison to the post that opened this thread, IMO.

A lot more of what IGH says is lucid than not, and he has the right to say things without being attacked like this. If Floot really feels that he needs to leave if this sort of stuff (drivel or deep insightful stuff? you decide!) its too bad he is so inflexible. Asking Murray to delete or moderate posts that he finds offensive with an implied "or else" is pretty arrogant. It would be sort of funny, if it wasn't so stupid.

Just the otherday Floot said, literally out of nowhere (was a big surprise to me, at least!), that I was trying to "wreck this forum" and that I posted blah, blah,woof, woof, (all a bunch of lies, BTW) over at the ALS site, and implied that I was their "agent", etc, all of which are fantastic delusions. He then deleted it, saying he "cross posted, will fix", but I copied and pasted it as a testament to his behaviour. That is much more offensive than "wow, man, ganja will solve all of the worlds problems...", but I am not asking Murray to remove posts or to moderate....

We all need to accept people. I accept IGH the way he is, and I accept Floot the way he is. Let's all accept one another! If Floot can't accept IGH, then he should use his bloody "ignore" button.....

C

12. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Yeah you know, in the words of Rodney King, why can't everybody just get along?

13. murray

murray Junior Member

ya know, richard, i've been thinking long and hard about that question and i think i have the answer.

we can't seem to manage getting along because our subject is so important and so personal. our and this site's purpose isn't about the best recipe for stawberry jam -- it's about changing the world no less, so it's easy to understand how we can get pretty emotionally tied to our ideas of the best way to do it. and when someone laughs at your plan, well, it's tough to just put up with that and not get personal back.

maybe we can all bear that in mind...

love u all ... :D

14. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

nice one murray.

15. grease

grease Junior Member

murray the moderator,....

I love this discussion forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people giving great advice on design, gardening, discussing different ideas etc, simply brilliant. :D I find it mirrors the world at large though in that even people with a common interest (permaculture in this case) don't get on from time to time, letting it develop to open hostility. :( I have to admit I like it when the 'stink' is on, I just sit back and watch the entertainment (just mention roundup and it's on). :D I thought big people could agree to disagree and get on with the job. I guess we all judge things through our own values, experiences and morals. If this then is true (and I believe it to be ) then what we say about someone else usually tells you more about the person saying it than the person they are saying it about. If this forum is about saving the world then we're all fucked, espescially if we can't see things from the other viewpoint, practice some tolerance, seek the middle ground and get on.

16. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

OOOOOOOh i just love all the arguments in Here,...I feel so good that i still dont get dragged down by the sometimes.............well thatll be using a label wont it..

Just hope those who hated and remember my bad hair days that mine were still so soft in comparrison in Language...........

As Ive said before in here, if we cant get on with each other in here. what chance do the others have......Tolerence is our only hope...

Now behave yourselves or ill be privating someone

Tezza

17. PULSE

PULSE Junior Member

C'mon Floot, have a toot,
    relax a bit
    then have a root.
    Then you'll realise,
    it's one big hoot.
    :lol:

18. christopher

We shall overcooooo-o-o-o-ome,
    Some daaaa-a-a-a-a-a-ay!
    I do believe,
    Deep in my heart,
    THAT WE SHALL OVERCOME, SOME DAY!

19. christopher

Wait! Did someone say...... ROUND UP! :angryfire:

20. RobWindt

RobWindt Junior Member

Thou eunuch of language; thou butcher, imbruing thy hands in the bowels of orthography; thou arch-heretic in pronunciation; thou pitch-pipe of affected emphasis; thou carpenter, mortising the awkward joints of jarring sentences; thou squeaking dissonance of cadence; thou pimp of gender; thou scape-gallows from the land of syntax; thou scavenger of mood and tense; thou murderous accoucheur of infant learning; thou ignis fatuus, misleading the steps of benighted ignorance; thou pickle-herring in the puppet-show of nonsense.

Robert Burns: Memorandum on an unidentified critic, c. 1791