Hello from Ras al Khaimah

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Evan UAE, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Evan UAE

Evan UAE New Member

Climate:
    arid zone / humid subtropical / Mediterranean
    Always enjoyed gardening, rural settings and fruit trees but most recently (like about two weeks ago) been seriously bitten by the Permaculture Bug. Really want to implement principles in my ongoing association with the land, people in my life. I'm really fortunate to have the opportunity to experiment in this journey on plots in the UAE, a Greek island and one on the NSW Nth Coast. Especially interested to see the Jordan project and how similar might work in the UAE. Besides the practical hands on, I'm reading everything I can, tracking Youtube, and aiming to do the PDC in the new year. Ordered a bunch of books online and am also visiying permaculture demo gardens where I can - fortunate to see one near Inverness last week and hoping to check out another on Lesvos this week. I'd like to follow up with other courses and (possibly) internship work after that. The whole philosophy really resonates I'm in tertiary education at the moment but also managed projects and a propagation nursery in the past. To my way of thinking, there isn't much point in any other education until permaculture principles are well absorbed. Early days, but I think I would very much like to get involved with development aid work.

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Greetings Evan and welcome,
    You're on a good path. It's great you're able to travel a bit and see Permaculture sites as you go.
    Do you have a specific PDC in mind?