Advice please.....

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Peasant, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Peasant

Peasant Junior Member

Hi everyone,
    Wow, I have just discovered this wonderful forum - thank you to the designers - it looks to be an excellent resource.
    I was just wanting some advice please....
    I have been very fortunate to win free return air tickets to Sydney and as I have a Certificate in Permaculture Design (Rainbow Valley Farm - Joe Polaischer) - I would like to visit as many places as I could in the vast area surrounding Sydney. The time span stayed in Oz is negotiable but would have to be between early May 2008 to the end of May, or end of May to mid June or Mid June to the end of June (Phew! that was long-winded). I have my own 5 acre block in NZ (Waikato Nth Island) and am really passionate to always learn more and more. I do have practical skills as well as heaps of enthusiasm. So if anyone has any ideas where I could learn more or just help out please let me know - it will be really appreciated - thanks!

2. Peasant

Peasant Junior Member

Re: Advice please.....

Come on peoples, surely there are some places to visit that are role models and that 'does permaculture proud'. My google searches have not revealed much at all apart from this forum facility.... does this mean that not much is happening around Sydney?? Any input will be appreciated even if just to say that I am barking up the wrong tree etc. Thanks!

3. Sonya

Sonya Junior Member

If you can make it to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, I could certainly put you in contact with a lot of people up here.

Have you tried the Permaculture North group in Sydney - they hosted the recent Australian Permaculture Convergence - here is their website https://www.permaculturenorth.org.au/

I'm sure there are plenty of examples to show you...

Sonya

4. Peasant

Peasant Junior Member

Hi Sonja, thank you for your advice and link - yes that is the sort of thing I was looking for, so thank you