* Products
    * Testing Guide
    * MSDS
    * News
    * About Us
    * Contact Us

Soil Testing Kits
    Soil Testing Kits

The Palintest system of soil analysis is simple – the reagents required for each test are compressed into stable tablet form. Tests for soil reaction, major nutrients and important trace elements can be conducted without the intricacies of measuring out and dispensing the liquid reagents used in conventional test kits.

The Palintest system does not however sacrifice accuracy in pursuit of these simplified methods. Palintest procedures are based on standard methods of analysis and equate well with the results that are obtained from conventional laboratory tests. The results have, where applicable, been experimentally correlated with standard laboratory methods of analysis so as to provide a basis for using published fertilizer recommendation tables.
    Test Systems

Palintest Soil pH, pH/Lime Requirement, Major Nutrients and Soil Fertility kits employ Palintest Soiltester blocks. Soiltesters are simple, colour blocks used for visual comparison of the test colours formed in the main soil tests. Soiltesters are simple to use and give quick, accurate results.

Palintest Soil Management and Complete Soil Analysis kits feature the Palintest Photometer 5000. The Photometer 5000 is a precision, electronic colour measuring instrument.

It accurately assesses the test colours formed in the major nutrient and trace element tests. The use of the photometers eliminates any potential inconsistencies due to varying light conditions or operator eyesight.
    Ordering Information
    Description Product Code
    Soil pH Kit Soil pH is the most widely conducted of all soil tests. Correct pH is essential to ensure proper growing conditions and the availability of nutrients. The Palintest Soil pH Kit is a pocket-sized kit and features a specially calibrated Soiltester block. The tests are extremely simple to carry out and use a tablet reagent. The soil is simply shaken with water in the Soiltester and the coloured layer which separates is compared against the colour standards. The kit contains tablets for 50 soil pH tests. SL150
    Lime Requirement Kit The Lime Requirement test determines the amount of liming required for a particular soil. The standard method of assessing lime requirement is to measure the extent to which the soil depresses the pH of a buffered solution. This kit is a dual-purpose kit for measuring both soil pH and lime requirement. The Lime Requirement test uses a buffer tablet and is carried out as a continuation of the Soil pH test. The kit is supplied in a plastic carrying case and contains sufficient tablet reagents for 100 Soil pH and 100 Lime Requirement tests. SL152
    Major Nutrients Kit The 3 major nutrients required for every plant are nitrate nitrogen (N), which promotes foliage growth and increases yield; phosphate (P) to stimulate root growth; and potassium (K), which hardens tissue and increases resistance to disease. The Palintest Major Nutrients Kit enables each of these important nutrients to be determined so that the appropriate fertilizer recommendations can be made. The tests for nitrate nitrogen and phosphate use the Palintest Soiltester N/P block; the potassium test is based on a turbidity method using a special double tube assembly. The kit is supplied in aluminium reinforced carrying case and contains sufficient extraction and reagent tablets for 50 each N, P and K tests. SL155
    Soil Fertility Kit The Palintest Soil Fertility Kit contains the tests required for the routine analysis of agricultural soil and assessment of soil fertility. The tests included are pH, lime requirement, nitrate nitrogen, phosphate, potassium, calcium and magnesium. The main tests use Palintest Soiltester blocks. The test for potassium is based on a turbidity procedure; the test for calcium uses a tablet count method. The kit is supplied in aluminium reinforced carrying case and contains sufficient extraction and reagent tablets for 50 each of the specified tests. SL160
    Soil Management Kit The Palintest Soil Management Kit is a photometer-based kit which contains the tests required for basic soil management. Accurate assessment of the principal nutrients nitrate nitrogen, phosphate, potassium and magnesium can be made using the Palintest Photometer 5000 in conjunction with the tablet extraction and reagent systems. The tests for soil pH and lime requirement utilise the Palintest Soiltester pH block and the test for calcium is based on the Palintest tablet count method.
    The kit is supplied in a carrying case with sufficient extraction and reagent tablets for 50 each of the specified tests. This kit provides the ideal basic Photometer kit. The scope of the kit can be extended at a later date to cover the additional tests included in kit SL165 by the subsequent purchase of Extension Pack SL162/X. SL162
    Soil Extension Pack Upgrades SL162 to SL165 SL162/X
    Complete Soil Analysis Kit The Palintest Complete Soil Analysis kit is a comprehensive outfit suitable for both laboratory and field use. The kit enables a full evaluation of soil to be carried out for soil reaction, macro-nutrients, micro-nutrients and important trace elements. The kit contains tests for pH, lime requirement, nitrate nitrogen, phosphate, potassium, calcium, magnesium, ammonia nitrogen, aluminium, chloride, copper, iron, manganese and sulphate. An important feature of the kit is the use of the Palintest Photometer 5000 for the accurate assessment of the test colours produced in the main tests. The tests for soil pH and lime requirement utilise the Palintest Soiltester pH block, and the tests for calcium and chloride use the Palintest tablet count method. The outfit is supplied in its own carrying case with sufficient extraction and reagent tablets for 50 each of the specified tests. SL165
    Complete Soil Analysis Plus Kit This comprehensive outfit is similar to SL165 but contains electronic meters for the measurement of soil pH and conductivity. The outfit is recommended where highly accurate measurement of soil pH is required, or where the measurement of conductivity for salt content is an important factor in agricultural management. The meters included in the kit are each supplied in a soft carrying pouch. SL170
    Soil Sample Bags Pack of 100 PT301
    Soil Scoop 10ml capacity PT310
    De-Ion Pack Makes approx 5 litres of deionised water. PT500
    Soil Extraction Equipment Set SL164
    Soil Extraction Pack pH, Lime Requirement, Nitrate, Phosphate, Postassium, Calcium and Magnesium SR0104
    Soil Extraction Pack pH, Lime Requirement, Nitrate, Phosphate, Potassium, Calcium and Magenesium SR0105
    Soil Extraction Pack Aluminium, Ammonia, Chloride, Copper, Iron, Manganese and Sulphate SR0106
    Soil Reagent Pack for pH SR0108
    Soil Reagent Pack 1 pH and Lime Requirement SR0110
    Soil Reagent Pack 2 Nitrate, Phosphate and Potassium SR0120
    Soil Reagent Pack 3 pH, Lime Requirement, Nitrate, Phosphate, Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium SR0130
    Soil Reagent Pack 4 Aluminium, Ammonia, Chloride, Copper, Iron, Manganese and Sulphate SR0140

©2006 Palintest Ltd.
    http://www.palintest.com.au/contact.htm

The first place to start any garden is to test basic stuff like pH. This firm was mentioned in last month's- march 2009- Gardening Australia. They also have branches in other countries
    A bit of an unfortunate name for Monty Python Fans?
    Their soil test kit is on my wish list as i have used up my CSIRO kit trying to bring my soil down from pH 9!!
    I think there may be other soil problems too possibly from years of neglect (How come people don't know that soil eats too?) and from the backyard 'saltwater' pool. Which, by judicious neglect I am turning into an algae pond; ready for all sorts of bio-fuel and water purification experiments!

Why do people who live 5 minutes from the sea need a pool?
    "You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. .Most people don't know that" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohI6vnWZmk
    Music can solve all the world's problems. Not many people know that- MA 2005
    "Politicians will never solve 'The Problem' because they don't realise that they are the problem" R Parsons 2001

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Palintest Australia Soil testing Kits. 
    Um? For water purification experiments?

3. Collapse Details
    LOL :lol:
    I'll pay that
    It could grow some nice Lotus too.

OR
    Erik’s Swimming Pool to Pond Conversion
    Welcome to my swimming pool to pond construction web page. I thought I would share with you a project I undertook converting a swimming pool to a pond. I moved into a house with an swimming pool near Portland, Oregon.
    I was always fond of ponds, and in fact, had built my first fish pond at my previous house. I always wanted a larger pond and here was my chance.
    Feel free to browse through my pages. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, I’d love to hear from you.
    http://kilk.com/pond/
    or
    Couple converts little-used backyard swimming pool into fish pond
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-1452284.html

Can I grow smoked salmon, my favouirte?
    "You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. .Most people don't know that" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohI6vnWZmk
    "Politicians will never solve 'The Problem' because they don't realise that they are the problem" R Parsons 2001

4. Collapse Details
    I had visions of you trying the water on small children to see how toxic it actually was! :oops:

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by eco4560
    I had visions of you trying the water on small children to see how toxic it actually was! :oops:
    Now there's a thought

I notice Aspirin packets have very specific instructions for getting rid of a headache. "Take two aspirin and keep away from small children"

6. Collapse Details
    Reminds me of the sign in the local bakery - "Unsupervised children will be given 2 cappuccinos and a puppy and sent home". Wicked!