Notices

1. Collapse Details
    Chickens & Wisteria 
    I am a building a greenhouse / chicken coop currently and am thinking of making a small side penned area but it has Wisteria growing in it.

Anyone know of any problems if Wisteria growing in a pen with chooks?
    If you still have a job, get everything in order, and quit. Do it as soon as you can, because we’ve never had a more important work to do. -Kyle Chamberlin

Permaculture is a concise design of agriculturally productive ecosystems which have diversity, stability, & resilience of natural ecosystems.
    -Bill Mollison

It's just my 2 cents,
    Paka no hida

2. Collapse Details

Hi there Pakanohida,

We have about eight Wisteria vines growing around the garden and house with 50 or so chickens in the same area. We've never had any problems related to that combination.

La Ferme de Sourrou projects with PHOTOS

3. Collapse Details

Whiteside, Pine Rivers, Queensland Australia
    Hi Pak

I had ducks and chooks wandering around my wysteria and no problems. Don't know if they pecked at it though.

Love your piccie HWH.

4. Collapse Details

Thank you both, and great... ..inspiring.. lil chook house!

If you still have a job, get everything in order, and quit. Do it as soon as you can, because we’ve never had a more important work to do. -Kyle Chamberlin

Permaculture is a concise design of agriculturally productive ecosystems which have diversity, stability, & resilience of natural ecosystems.
    -Bill Mollison

It's just my 2 cents,
    Paka no hida

5. Collapse Details

My chickens and ducks free range in my yard where there are two wisteria but I will note like hardworkinghippy the area is not confining them in with it and nothing else to to peck at . That might present an issue if there is nothing else to eat at some point and the seeds on the wisteria are dropping ?