Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Writing my Clinical Psychology thesis - request for ideas 
    Group for banned users
    Hi all,

So i will be studying my final two year Masters course to become a clinical psychologist next year and i am very keen to write my clinical thesis on topics to do with sustainability awareness , climate change attitudes, the relationships between people and their land and the food they eat, etc etc. At this stage i hope to combine both Quantitative ( statistical) methods as well as qualitative analysis in whatever i choose to write my thesis in.

At this stage i dont know what i want to do but i do know that i want to integrate my permacultural and simple living passions with my clinical psychology degree. I want to be able to have my professional life informed and influenced by my personal ideals, desires and current way of living in the world. I want to bring ideas that permaculture espouses to the mainstream, firstly by contributing to important research in the area and secondly by using my professional qualification to further what i believe is a better way of living.

Can anyone suggest a topic?

Campbell

2. Collapse Details

Sounds interesting... my suggestion might be the link between growing food and how that might make a person feel secure in their home, life and community...

3. Collapse Details

Have you read 'Find Your Power' by Chris Johnstone? I think you'll find some direction there.

4. Collapse Details

Group for banned users
    Quote Originally Posted by eco4560 View Post
    Have you read 'Find Your Power' by Chris Johnstone? I think you'll find some direction there.
    I have not read this but will endeavour to track it down. thank you

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by x-campbell View Post
    Hi all,

So i will be studying my final two year Masters course to become a clinical psychologist next year and i am very keen to write my clinical thesis on topics to do with sustainability awareness , climate change attitudes, the relationships between people and their land and the food they eat, etc etc. At this stage i hope to combine both Quantitative ( statistical) methods as well as qualitative analysis in whatever i choose to write my thesis in.

At this stage i dont know what i want to do but i do know that i want to integrate my permacultural and simple living passions with my clinical psychology degree. I want to be able to have my professional life informed and influenced by my personal ideals, desires and current way of living in the world. I want to bring ideas that permaculture espouses to the mainstream, firstly by contributing to important research in the area and secondly by using my professional qualification to further what i believe is a better way of living.

Can anyone suggest a topic?

Campbell
    So you want to look at attitudes to either
    1 GW
    2 Sustainability
    3 food?
    All sound like a can of worms
    I find the anger and resistance of many to global warming science quite astounding and unexpected but i expect if you scratched the surface of the other topics you would find equally strange and diverse beliefs. What and why people believe stuff is quite a puzzling challenge for any thesis
    A lot is starting to be written about people's attitudes and understanding of science including GW
    http://scienceforums.com/topic/20428...arming-debate/
    Attitudes to land seem culturally driven and would be different, i would expect, in the city, country or other countries/tribes
    "You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. .Most people don't know that" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohI6vnWZmk
    Music can solve all the world's problems. Not many people know that- MA 2005
    "Politicians will never solve 'The Problem' because they don't realise that they are the problem" R Parsons 2001

6. Collapse Details

G'day Campbell

Welcome to the PRI Forum.

Great to have a fellow Masters' candidate on the board.

My suggestion for a topic: 'Religious affiliation and the practice of permaculture: A comparative analysis of emerging trends in Australia and the USA'

For an insight into what I might be alluding to, checkout this thread:

Australia's on top

In response to the above, there is some reassuring (at least for me) data coming out of the ABS today:

According to the 2011 Australian Census, 22.30% of the Australian population now identify as having 'no religion', a massive increase up from 18.66% in 2006.

According the USA Census Bureau, in 2008 only 14.97% of the American (adult) population identified as having 'no religion', a slight increase up from 14.11% in 2001.

Cheerio, Markos.
    MRC Planning Research and Development ~ truly sustainable urban, rural and environmental planning outcomes

The History of Regional Planning in Australia ~ a research project

Currently reading: Ballinger (2012) An Inch of Rain: A Water History of Northern Victoria

7. Collapse Details

There is no real independent self, aloof from other human beings, inspecting the world, inspecting other people. You are, in fact, connected not just via Facebook and internet, you’re actually quite literally connected by your neurons.” — V S Ramachandran
    http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2012...d-civilization

i noticed an ethnobotany paper from SCU the other day on plant use on Youtube
    Quite clever and original for an ethnobotanist i thought

Campbell
    this forum has a survey function if you wanted to get some preliminary feedback/ideas
    "You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. .Most people don't know that" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohI6vnWZmk
    Music can solve all the world's problems. Not many people know that- MA 2005
    "Politicians will never solve 'The Problem' because they don't realise that they are the problem" R Parsons 2001

8. Collapse Details

Group for banned users
    Knowing that there is a survey function on this forum may indeed prove very useful, thank you kindly for that.

In regards to the topic of my thesis, I value being able to use this forum as a sounding board and as a way of planting seeds of wisdom (excuse the pun) in order to get the creative juices flowing.

I'll keep you updated with how i go.

9. Collapse Details

Group for banned users
    http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/...ill-it/3024716

Wow, this is a great program......i highly recommend everyone give it a listen

10. Collapse Details
    good program 
    it can do your head in wondering why some people dont seem to give a shit
    iv asked a few phycs if they thought there was such a thing as eco depression they all say no ,but perhaps just trying to placate me
    im getting my head read at UNE next month would be glad to give u the results

take a look at virtual geoff lawton that seems to explain a lot